Due to the current situation in Ukraine, we understand that you may need to transfer your degree studies. If you apply to study in here at Abertay, we will support you through the process as much possible.
If you have any questions not answered here, please email email@example.com
High School students who want to apply to Abertay:
If you have not previously studied at university, you will need to complete one year at one of our partner colleges. This is called a Foundation year. Please take a look at our partner college websites, and decide which course you would like to do.
Email the colleges directly for help in applying:
If you are not already in Scotland, please wait until you know your city and location before applying to college so you know you are close enough to attend.
Transferring from a Ukrainian University at Bachelor Degree level:
- Choose which Bachelor degree subject you would like to study here at Abertay.
- Check that you meet the requirements by going to your chosen degree course page > Entry Requirements > International > choose 'Ukraine' from the drop-down menu.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a direct application form.
- Receive your offer.
Transferring at Masters Degree level:
- Choose which Masters degree subject you would like to study here.
- Check that you meet the requirements by going to your chosen course Page > Entry Requirements > International > choose 'Ukraine' from the drop-down menu.
- Click the 'Apply Now' button on that page to apply.
- Receive your offer.
Applying for a UK visa (the Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme/Homes for Ukraine)
- Apply for the Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme (visa) to study with us. The Scottish Government is running a Devolved Government Sponsorship Scheme which means that the Scottish Government, rather than individuals sponsor the visa application.
- Currently new applications naming the Scottish Government as the sponsor are paused but if you are an existing visa holders can travel and will be supported as planned.
- You can still apply for a visa to travel to the UK under 3 different schemes here.
- Apply to the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) for funding for your tuition fees and living costs. You may be able to study for free here, but you need to apply to SAAS so they can cover the fees.
- You can apply through UCAS before or after you arrive in Scotland, but we recommend applying as early as you can.
- Our classes begin in September but you can enter the country as soon as you have your visa.
- We will help with your university transfer process as much as we can but if you have questions about the visa application, please telephone the free Home Office helpline on +44 808 164 8810.
The UK House of Commons website has lots of information about applying for visas for Ukrainian students.
Free tuition and living cost support
You may be able to study as an undergraduate free of charge at Abertay as long as you have the right visa and are already living in Scotland. You need to apply to SAAS so they can cover your fees.
Please apply for your visa through Homes for Ukraine or the Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme to get this help.